How Beynon is Good for the Environment
Beynon Sports Surfaces is committed to not only living up to environmental standards, but exceeding them. We lead the industry in research and development to bring our clients the most environmentally friendly products available by using natural polyols and renewable resources as well as removing hazardous materials.
Every product designed and manufactured and every athletic surfacing and running track system installed by Beynon Sports Surfaces contains no heavy metals, by design. This means that every product formulated by Beynon Sports Surfaces is zero-mercury or mercury free.
Our eco-components and research and development initiatives include:
- 100% SOLIDS PRIMER - A two-component primer formulated for use on concrete substrates. Zero solvents are added. The primer is based on a new technology utilizing cashew oil.
- ALIPHATIC COATINGS - Beynon Sports Surfaces manufactured and supplied coatings exceed all federal and state regulations for volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- 100% SOLIDS 1-C SPRAY - Beynon Sports Surfaces is the only manufacturer to supply a 100% solids structural spray, thus eliminating exposure to solvents.
- WATER-BASED 1-C SPRAY - A superb polyurethane spray coating for use in the application of texturing layers with no free isocyanate. Made without harmful chemicals, it’s ideal for use around turf fields and enclosed areas BEYPUR 160. The best way to improve times and the environment.
- BEYPUR 250 - 2-C urethane utilizing natural-based polyols for bio-based polyurethane formulations.
- WATER-BASED 2-C INDOOR COATING - Odorless and solvent-free indoor coating for gymnasium and fieldhouse systems.
- 2-C URETHANES - Formulated without heavy metals to create an eco-friendly and non-hazardous system.
- POLYTURF PAD AND POUR LEED® CERTIFIED SYSTEM - LEED is a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council to set a benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of high-performance green facilities. PolyTurf Pad and Pour was designed specifically for this market.
Beynon Sports Surfaces maintains its awareness in the green market place by being actively involved with organizations such as :
- USGBC (US Green Building Council)
- ASTM (American Standard testing Methods)
- FSCT (Federal Society of Coatings Technology)
- ACS (American Chemical Society)
- SPE (Society of Plastic Engineers)